Friday, December 25, 2015

Decide - 'Homage For Satan' from The Stench of Redemption (2006)

I love Deicide. I have loved Deicide since I have been aware of them. It has always been something I would gladly jack the volume up to on the radio or whatever. My favorite Deicide albums are Legion and The Stench Of Redemption, but really I like all of them, although the one about Glen Benton's divorce stands out as being more country-music inspired, so less 'epic' although, for one going through it, divorce can certainly feel like a war in heaven. This video, 'Homage For Satan', is so 00's desaturated-color/Pre-Walking-Dead SFLA Zombie Jamz it pretty much hurts because the song is so beautiful and intricate and the video has so little to do with Satan per se, although the Zombie Priest is for sure the highlight and why they thought this was a good idea I am sure. 'The Stench Of Redemption' was the album Deicide made after parting ways with the Hoffman Brothers who were their original guitarists and co-architects of the Deicide sound. Jack Owens of Cannibal Corpse and Ralph Santolla of Iced Earth (among other bands) were brought on board to shred mightily, which gives 'The Stench Of Redemption' a highly structured, almost neoclassical flavor. This was unlike prior Deicide, and ruled extremely hard, even for those like me who loved prior Deicide.

No comments:

Post a Comment