Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Au Pairs - 'Armagh' from Playing With A Different Sex (1981)

"We Don't Torture/We're A Civilized Nation" Let us not forget the torture which has been carried out in the name of civilization forever and for always. Let us never forget. (As an additional note let me give thanks that I grew up coextensively with punk/post-punk so that I always saw on my tv and heard on my radio women dressed in shirts and pants and short hair wielding their voices and their instruments unapologetically, refusing binary gender roles and thereby making that seem completely normative for people like me so that I could grow up thinking that I could wear a skirt or a dress while reading poetry or playing guitar or going to Denny's or the mall or to class (when I went to class). Thank You Lesley Woods and Everyone Who Fought And Who Still Fight Today) "They are closing down - communications They're taking control - of our situations The forces of control are gathering around our heads"

No comments:

Post a Comment