Saturday, November 5, 2016

Germs - 'Manimal' from The Decline Of Western Civilization (1981) [Shout Factory Video]

Hey blog-world. I haven't been here in a while. I am bad at keeping-up! Mostly I have been writing about movies but now I am not sleeping and I am worried about shelter and the election so of course I spend all of my time listening to Germs because that is what makes sense. I am in the world like a puzzled panther, too, Darby, one with a brain injury and a legacy of bad exorcisms hanging out at The Days Inn for months agoraphobically. Evolution isn't fast enough for me to adapt to life. I am bad at it. I am sure that everyone thinks this, but I wish that Darby could have lived to see the TV show Manimal because I watched that all of the time and it was about a man who could turn into animals to solve the kinds of problems that take place on early 1980's hour-long sci-fantasy/drama shows. I watched it all of the time. It wasn't all that great, but it was my favorite show when it was on. It was better than Knight Rider or Automan. I like the font that they put below Darby so that you can read along. Darby is one of my favorite punk lyricists ever. Spending decades and decades listening to Germs definitely affected my writing both right away and in the long run. Not that you could tell now. Darby's rat-tail is so cute. I would like to make him a cup of tea or instant coffee, if I had any clean mugs. I am just using the dirty ones. I know it is gross. They collect bacteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment