Monday, November 14, 2016

Wovenhand - Refractory Obdurate (2014)

What I cannot stop listening to today is Wovenhand's Refractory Obdurate. I meant to listen to their new one, but this one snagged my ear and my heart. Seeing as I am both Refractory and Obdurate perhaps it was meant to be. I have been a fan of David Eugene Edwards since 16 Horsepower back in the day but only fitfully paid attention to later offerings. This has been on my radar since release but life, etc, etc. All of that was a terrible mistake. Refractory Obdurate is like 80's Goth-Folk Psychedeli-Metal Noise-Tweaked and Repurposed for Christian Witnessing. There is very little that has ever been like it in American Musicks. This is for the Fire of the Holy Ghost Descending. I am now so excited to listen to their new album. Do not be like me. Do not let this pass you by.

2 comments:

  1. Hey nathaxn, its Ciara from letterboxd, I just wanted to send a quick note cheering you on. You rock, and if you ever find yourself in Southern California, let me know, I totally consider you a friend and comrade. I would offer tangible help, but it has been a really tough year for me to say the least and I don't have much if any resources to share, but I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and offer my encouragement as much I can, especially in these times.

    and again, you rock! :)

    hailsatan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear Ciara: Thank You for your kind words! Don't worry about tangible assistance! It has been a rough year for all of us. I hope despite everything that you keep fighting and please do not give up. I am always here if you want to contact me. YOU Rock!!! Hail Satan!!! <3 nathaxn

      Delete