Thursday, December 8, 2016

Emerson, Lake & Powell - 'Touch And Go' from Emerson, Lake & Powell (1986)

I love King Crimson. I love ELP. I love 70's prog rock with all of my heart. The roots of this lay however, in exposure to 1980's exponents of prog rock gone commercial-pomp. I first fell in love with singular trio of Keith Emerson, Greg Lake and Cozy Powell with their 1986 behemoth named after themselves by seeing the video for 'Touch And Go' on MTV. At the time, I was also into 1986-era Heart, 1986-era Moody Blues, Syd Barrett and Jimi Hendrix. My favorite band in the whole world up to that point was Duran Duran, so I was also obsessed not only with the Duran^2 art rock splinter group Arcadia but eagerly awaiting the new Duran Duran album Notorious. I was, therefore, the perfect audience for Emerson, Lake & Powell. 'Touch And Go' has awful lyrics and an even worse video but I love all of it. Hail To Thee Greg Lake. You Rule. <3 <3 <3 nathaxn

No comments:

Post a Comment