Saturday, May 20, 2017

Princess Nokia - 'Kitana' from 1992 (2016)

I spent a whole lot of the middle of 1995 trying to defeat Mortal Kombat II on the Sega Genesis or at least gain reasonable proficiency at it. I have pretty bad hand-eye coordination for someone who has dedicated much of their lives to tasks which would benefit from at least adequacy in that developmental region. Whatever. I always played Mileena. I mean, I played other characters but Mileena was my MK2 avatar. She was the only person for whom I learned finishing moves. I felt like we were bonded on a spiritual level. I dug her ultra-magenta outfit and her horror-story nature. I respect those who rep Kitana, though! How could I not? I do worry as an old person with brain damage when I see kids doing stuff like boxing and riding bikes without helmets (even though that won't prevent concussions!). I am old enough that anyone who is not like 30 is like a kid to me. Gosh I am lame. This song, though, and Princess Nokia in general, is not lame at all. Princess Nokia rules!!! <3 nathaxnne

No comments:

Post a Comment