Friday, February 9, 2018

Urarv - Aurum (2017)

Longtime readers (tolerators?) of this blog will recognize that I hold a very special place in my heart for Dodheimsgard's 666 International (1999) which has provided me with decades of wonder and delight so it is with honor and (some) trepidation that I approach vocalist Aldrahn's very personal band Urarv's work Aurum which apparently had its genesis in Aldrahn's 2003 institutionalization and subsequent confrontation of intrusive unwanted negative thought patterns and personality aspects. Aurum is less a black metal album than something made with the same tools and general vocabulary that would go into making a black metal album but making something quite else with those processes. This album has at least for tonight helped me feel more proactive in dealing with the injured and broken aspects of myself so thank you Urarv! <3

1 comment:

  1. Natey! Thanks for the link - super-excited to listen to this. I was a huge fan of the Dodheimsgard album as well, as you probably remember. Love, JC

    ReplyDelete