Saturday, January 21, 2017

Diamanda Galas - 'O Death' from All The Way (2017)

Diamanda Galas has been one of my primary influences and role models on what it means to be an artist, how it is to render witness and respond, how to ground and transform negative energy into something which, however difficult, can be lived with and endured. That she is putting out not one but two new albums this year is for me a sign of hope amidst terror and fear. I also dig that she now has a Rolling Stone interview wherein she mentions another of my great heroes, the artist and writer Henri Michaux, as an inspiration upon her as well. I don't know what is going to happen this year, but I hope that whatever comes that I can see it for what it is and learn to channel it in and through me and turn it into a force for healing and compassion under any circumstances. Here is also another single from All The Way, the title track, 'All The Way' This seems more in keeping with the undercurrent of real love, true love, the kind of love that exists before and after death, where it never need to be seen to be felt. Love To All Of You <3 <3 <3 nathaxn

No comments:

Post a Comment