Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Suffering Hour - In Passing Ascension (2017)

I didn't draw anything while listening to In Passing Ascension. I just listened and I am extremely pleased that I did so. Suffering Hour hail from Minnesota, where I lived for many years and I am glad to see it supports a thriving black/death metal scene in addition to its long-standing crust/hxcx community. Suffering Hour love tremolo and love to use it and this is endlessly gratifying because riffs bend and flux inside of very solid if rather eldritch architectures. For sure this is cosmic blackened death arrived at through thrash praxis and I feel very strongly that it is this grounding in thrash which makes In Passing Ascension hold together so well. Hail To Thee Suffering Hour! <3 PS - bonus appreciation granted due to Suffering Hour also being fans of The Chasm because The Chasm are awesome and deserve all the love they can absorb! <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment