Wednesday, January 24, 2018

The Fall - 'Spector Vs. Rector' Live December 11th 1980?

My favorite Fall song ever. I can't enumerate how many times I have listened to this in its many forms. Considering I used to drive through Delray Beach, FL with my Toyota Corolla blasting Our Nation's Saving Grace more times than any other cassette (even more than Motley Crue's Too Fast For Love!) nearly to the end of the first decade of the 21st Century that is saying a lot. I think about the battle between the spectre and the rector and the inspector, the ruin in their respective wakes, so so often. I also think of Mark E Smith in terms of the haunted gothick otherworldly vibes of M.R. James and other great short-form authors of the fantastickal more than within the history of post-punk or anything like that. I wish Mark E Smith recorded more fireside ghost stories to listen to on chilly nights but I love love love what we have and will cherish forever and ever. Love To Thee Always <3 nathaxnne

No comments:

Post a Comment