Tuesday, January 10, 2017

The Jesus And Mary Chain - 'Some Candy Talking' (1985)

When I purchased a Boss Fuzz Pedal for my guitar in 1994, I had never purchased a fuzz pedal before. Everyone else I knew purchased the HM2 or the Death Metal Pedal, which were glorious decisions. I was the kind of person who wanted to make sounds I didn't know how to make so I ended up with some grey box which I loved because it sounded like harsh wintry noise like The Jesus And Mary Chain vs. Solmania or something like that. If I knew then what I know now, I would have tried to make some hideous second-wave-black-metal with it but I was barely interested in Deicide at the time let alone Darkthrone. i don't know why I am going on about effects pedals especially because this song is more about not-distortion-and-repetition but I love The Jesus And Mary Chain, who I eventually got to see on the Automatic tour in South Beach with NIN opening for them. NIN was way better because totally insane, but the walls of sound produced by TJMC were glorious. I love you The Jesus And Mary Chain!!! <3 <3 <3 nathaxn I wish all of you something the taste of something warm and sweet, whatever that might be for you. <3 <3 <3 nxww

No comments:

Post a Comment