Monday, February 6, 2017

Atari Teenage Riot - Delete Yourself (1995)

I am absolutely astonished as a longtime although not up-to-date Alec Empire fan that Atari Teenage Riot's album from 1995, Delete Yourself, somehow sounds more like 2017 than at any other point in its lifetime. This to me is insane. At the time, I liked it, but not as much as some other AE/DHR stuff, but an album about revolution, hating nazis, reappropriated Slayer riffs against fascism, rejecting cyberpunk futures, metal vs. cheap electronics, deleting yourself, cartoon samples, distorted Amen beats, has for me, anyway, found its era. What sounded stiff and mannered now sounds visionary. I guess the 2012 remaster helps bring out many of the audio elements which were kind of buried or flattened 22 years ago. This is totally nazi-punching gif traxx and has always been! <3 nathaxn

No comments:

Post a Comment