Tuesday, April 21, 2020

I Have Been In Pain And Unable To Use My Small Efficiency For Seven Days During A Global Pandemic Because A Defunct Flower Shop

Once again today I was forced to flee my apartment for hours after being injured by the construction activity in the business which surrounds my efficiency. I have nowhere else to go. As a disabled person, I NEED my apartment to take my life-saving medicines, my meals, and to sleep and rest. For seven days now, starting sometimes before eight and ending sometimes well after five, this unessential business activity has made living in my apartment with a spinal injury/birth defect unimaginably painful in ways that last for days, weeks and months. Today when I tried to tell the representative of the flower shop that the work he was doing was hurting me in my own apartment, i was told to call the cops, which i have already done, and then i was told to 'get a life'. since this is what is depriving me of having one and actually could kill me this was kind of ironic. My landlord, once again, has said there is nothing he can do, that I must be subject to this. It is reasonable. This is reasonable use of my apartment somehow, even when it is hurting me so much for hours and hours until i throw up or fall over. So, Day Seven:

(PS: I should clarify my apartment is a very small efficiency that doesn't even have a closet, kitchen sink or a stove. It is surrounded on at least three sides and shares a floor with this space. Everything that happens in this space is happening directly in my apartment. My apartment is immediately behind the newly drywalled area. that is where they ripped out the fridge over at least two days)








No comments:

Post a Comment