Monday, April 20, 2020

The 'Reasonable Amount Of 'Trash'' Still To Be Removed From The Surrounding Storefront As Of 04/18/20

You can see the remnants of the walk-in refrigerator. it was all against the back wall which is now newly drywalled. This is what surrounds my home. I was in here for this work. They refused to accommodate my chronic pain and forced me into a global pandemic for five days and counting for an unnecessary construction job. Our shared floor is thin over a large hollow basement the size of a city block. Every time one of these steel girders hits the floor, a shockwave goes up my desk chair or toilet directly in to my spine and skull, causing immediate and enduring pain which lasts for days and weeks. I have documented this over the past two years on this blog. Now it has reached an apex. My landlord believes it reasonable that i am on this shared floor, against these shared walls, as these objects are hoisted and removed from this place. I told him many many times this is not in fact reasonable, that it will in fact, hurt, quite badly. Please note that just opening and closing the front door of this business hurts me if i am at home because it shakes the entirety of the glass storefront, so anything above that is gratuitously painful. I accommodated what would actually be a reasonable use of the business when it was open. When it is closed during a global pandemic I should have a reasonable expectation for the continual use of my own apartment, especially without warning or notice given.

PS: the attorney's office i hired on friday made one phone call to my landlord after i told them my primary issue was with the flower shop and the contractors to which they did not listen and tell me my landlord was a good guy. Then they apparently listened to my frantic voicemail from Saturday when the agreement they didn't reach with my landlord fell through. For this they took the entirety of my $250 retainer. That represents to me a week's worth of life-saving medicine which I have now wasted. They are without honor. They know who they are. 










No comments:

Post a Comment