Saturday, January 9, 2016

Agoraphobic Nosebleed - 'Deathbed' from Arc (2016)

I had told myself that I wasn't going to post this, that I had ALREADY posted a track from Arc and that I could just wait until the whole thing came out and that lasted until a little more than halfway through this track. 'Deathbed' starts out in fearsome doom/death/grind mode, the horrors of the pit yawning from below to greet, with Sabbathian flares of pants or oil wells on fire with Kat Katz growling and rasping above/underneath in grief and regret and sorrow until the riff that sounds like a wasted Clutch getting rolled in the street after the bars close kicks in and it is all over for me, in the best possible way. And it still sounds like Sabbath, but like Vol. 4 Sabbath vinyl melting on the turntable as it spins and spins while the house burns down around it, or something. This is an initial analysis? NOSTRILS OR EXIT WOUNDS??? NOSTRILS OR EXIT WOUNDS???

No comments:

Post a Comment