Saturday, January 9, 2016

Trailer for Phantasm (1979)

R.I.P. Angus Scrimm One of the Greatest Anguses of my lifetime. I love Angus Scrimm in anything, but Phantasm 1 & 2 especially cornered and defined a separate dreamworld off to the side of the rest of contemporary horror. Phantasms (along with Tobe Hooper movies) had the most Italianate disdain for conventional logic or narrative structure, allowing them to move under their own power, to go where they wanted to, as far as they could. Angus Scrimm's Tall Man was really the boogeyman for me, more than Michael or Jason or Freddy or Leatherface, because being chased, snarled at or grasped by the Tall Man was just plain scary, even if or because there was no clear end to you, except the very bads, the stuff of nightmares. Thank You Angus Scrimm and Hail To Thee in perpetuity for enriching my life and my dreams for always. PS - You were the best thing about Don Coscarelli's initial Masters Of Horror episode by a landslide and a half. Love, nxww.

No comments:

Post a Comment