Friday, January 15, 2016

Obscura - 'Akroasis' from Akroasis (2016)

Along with the new Anthrax song the TV sang to me this morning, it also sang to me this new Obscura song from the new Obscura album, their first since parting ways with drummer Hannes Grossman and guitarist Christian Munzer and gaining Sebastian Lanser and Rafael Trujillo repectively. I saw Obscura in like 2009 or 2010 or something and they were right on, but this Obscura sounds to me like if one were to disassemble Iron Maiden and all post-Maiden Teutonic Power Metal, send it into Outer Space to perform zero-gravity experiments on the whole of it, reassemble it into forms never previously possible on Earth and then have it somehow survive re-entry. I know this is technically tech-death or whatever, but that is what it sounds like to me, absolutely beautiful. A fountain of stars. Ripples in gravitational waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment