Thursday, January 14, 2016

David Bowie - 'I'm Afraid Of Americans' from Earthling (1997)

Being afraid of Americans, especially of Trent Reznor, even pre-buff/aerobics Trent Reznor, following you at speed and repeating everything you say, is an entirely reasonable fear, even if you are an American or have lived in America for most of your adult life. I watched this video with my partner before we watched 'Lazarus' and cried and cried. This video, though, is hilarious. David Bowie was, in my opinion, never more stylish than in 1997, when he was getting Alexander McQueen for album covers. That yellow cable-knit sweater & blazer combo is so awesome! Here as bonus is 'Voyeur' and 'I'm Afraid Of Americans' Live at David Bowie's 50th Birthday Celebration in Madison Garden, the latter with special guest stars Sonic Youth!

No comments:

Post a Comment