Monday, December 21, 2015

Watain - 'Outlaw' from The Wild Hunt

Watching this video makes me feel like the first time I ever saw Motley Crue on MTV. Lawless Darkness!!!!!! Watain are awesome because they are like Motley Crue or W.A.S.P. or Judas Priest. The power of metal they connect with. They are Rock Stars, and deservedly so. I hope Watain have stadium tours in places named after empty corporate deities. With flash-pots and rotating drum-kits and stuff. The first time I saw Watain I had an authentic transportive religious experience. The second time I saw them, that didn't happen, but they had become Rock Stars in the intervening period and it was totally awesome. I also love The Wild Hunt album. It is great because it is not Casus Luciferi, or Sworn To The Dark, but its own thing, colorful and varied, resplendent in blood and fire and leathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment